Thursday, May 5, 2011

January 21st-First Day

At the first day of my internship I was very nervous because I was about to be working with people who had a lot more experience in the film industry, and because I was the new guy and didn't know anyone.  When I first walked in there I was very shy, I sat down and waited for one of the producers to notice me.  After introducing me to all the co-workers, they filled me in on a "Saturday Night Live" documentary that they were working on.  So for the first part of my day I watched on as I got a good idea of what these guys were working on.
We than went out to lunch together, something that they don't do often but were doing that day because they were trying out a new Vietnamese restaurant.  Once again I was pretty shy about eating lunch with them all because I didn't know anyone.  But after eating lunch with them all, I got to know most of them and felt more comfortable after.  The food however was very different from what i was used to, it was a great experience trying it, but I don't know if i'll ever be eating that food again.
When we got back to Eyeball, they decided to let me do some work.  They split up some of the work between the few of us and gave me a little section of the project to work on.  The part of the project that my co-workers and I were working on, was improving the quality of the photos and applying picture moves to them.  I didn't really know how to use After Effect or Adobe Photoshop at the time so one of they guys sitting next to me gave me the run down, and I wrote notes so I wouldn't forget.  My objective was to bring the photos from the document into Photoshop, bring up the quality of the photo than send it into After Effects where I replaced the same less quality photo in the timeline.  Than I would put the photos on layers and key frames, and follow the steps of applying the photo moves.

No comments:

Post a Comment