Thursday, May 5, 2011

(January 28th, February 4, 11, 18)

During these next four Fridays, they had me doing tutorials to better my knowledge of the programs they used.  The next friday I walked in there after my first day, they were finishing up on the Saturday Night Live documentary.  They told me there was nothing more I could do for the project because it was the end of the project and it had been assigned to other people already.  They decided to set me up at a desk and work on tutorials for the program After effects.  The first few tutorials i worked on, were to gain my basic knowledge of the After Effects main frame, for example the shortcuts and the basic functions of the program.  Than I moved onto creating titles and fonts before adding movements to the words.  After than I started working on special effects like changing the skin tone of a character, adding blood, and touching up a green screen.  It took be a good two weeks to finish the Adobe After Effects tutorial they had set up to do.
The next three Fridays had me concentrating on Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.  I was already a little bit aware of the Adobe Photoshop main frame because for one it's basic, and two I worked with it a little bit at school.  Adobe Illustrator on the other hand I never heard of but I was very happy that I got to understand it.  Adobe Photoshop I worked on improving the quality of photos and adding color to sketches to bring the picture to life.  In Adobe Illustrator I worked on building 3D images which was very cool.  The one tutorial I liked the most was building a 3D map of streets and buildings.  The map I made came out pretty good for a first timer.

No comments:

Post a Comment